Poetry - LGBTQ

 Accept Individual Differences 



Who questioned you to be the same? 
For, I have seen, races happen to be the different in the game, 
I hear this; melodious rhythm of love, 
The one, that should accept every unique curve. 

Why does a thin line exist between souls? 
As if, society willingly built for us, some dirty potholes, 
Same skin, same blood and obviously, the same genes, 
Yet, homo sapiens scornfully disdain our clamarous screams. 

What makes you stronger than me? 
Astonishingly, you got no rights to snatch away my glee. 
My voice; that is dreadfully taken away,
Well, I see no wrong in being a gay. 

How are your thoughts so swirled? 
The way Lord built me is the happiest way I belong to the world,
To society, to humans and to the hopeless species who couldn't accept me,
Well, I have learnt self-acceptance to set my soul free.

What makes you comment on my gender? 
It is high time for you to stand right in front of the mirror; to apologetically surrender.
I am not a mere voice but a solid force driven,
Gloriously, marvelously and joyously, a lesbian. 

Did you judge yourself before pointing me? 
Cruel society cannot define me beyond what makes my inner self happy. 
I could be a transgender, a proud queer or a bisexual,
Whether straight or not, I deserve to be treated as an equal.

To the world that rejoices the power of differences,
Let me say, we're all one, in each other's acquaintances.
While I may be loud but the other me could be slightly minimal, 
We should live this life to lift each other, to be the change and to celebrate differences of each individual. 

-Riya Jogi

Have a read at this peaceful article - 

Comments

  1. Amazing! Well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully written Hats off Amazing thoughts mind blowing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment